The Fire Of Olympus
or, On Sticking It To The Man
- Anthony Peter
- Composer / Director
- Tim Benjamin
- Music Director
- Ellie Slorach
- Lara Booth
“My fellow Olympians...”
The Fire of Olympus; or, On Sticking It To The Man tells the story of Prometheus and Pandora in a brand-new opera touring the North of England in 2019.
A spectacular show features brilliant virtuoso singers and the digitally combined voices of over 1000 volunteers. Zeus, the powerful President of Olympus, faces revolution and anarchy: Greek myth resonates with our modern world in an exciting, radical, and accessible English opera filled with drama, passion, politics, tragedy, and comedy. Unmissable.
“A radical new opera, resonant with and relevant to the modern world, filled with drama, passion, politics, tragedy, and comedy”
Zeus is the all-powerful President of Olympus, undermined by activists led by the prankster Prometheus. An accidental theft leads to love, hate, revolution, prison, and anarchy. But a world in ruins demands in Zeus a strong leader – was this his plan all along, or has he finally met his nemesis?
In The Fire of Olympus, incredible virtuoso singers re-imagine the popular 18th century operas of Handel: tuneful, direct, and sung in English. The brilliant cast and orchestra are joined by the digitally combined voices of over 1000 volunteers from across the North, in a spectacular and exciting theatrical event.
This radical, accessible opera uses the power of Greek myth to resonate with the modern world, and is filled with drama, passion, politics, tragedy, and comedy.
- Prometheus: an Activist
- Sophie Goldrick / Sophie Dicks (mezzo-soprano)
- Epimetheus: his brother, also an Activist
- Elspeth Marrow (mezzo-soprano)
- Zeus: the President of Olympus
- Robert Glyndwr Garland (baritone)
- Hephaestus: his Special Adviser
- Michael Vincent Jones / Jack Roberts (tenor)
- Pandora: his Assistant
- Charlotte Hoather (soprano)
- Chorus (of thousands)
Tickets and Dates
Why not sign up to our mailing list for ticket offers and further information?
- Burnley: Mechanics
- Saturday 14th September 2019 Tickets
- Huddersfield: Lawrence Batley Theatre
- Saturday 21st September 2019 Tickets
- Manchester: RNCM Opera Theatre
- Saturday 28th September 2019 Tickets
- York: Joseph Rowntree Theatre
- Saturday 12th October 2019 Tickets
- Stoke-on-Trent: The Repertory Theatre
- Wednesday 30th October 2019 Tickets
- Beverley: East Riding Theatre
- Friday 1st November 2019 Tickets
- Skipton: The Mart Theatre
- Saturday 2nd November 2019 Tickets
- Todmorden: The Hippodrome
- Saturday 9th November 2019 Tickets